We are "Go Everywhere" people
ACTS 1:8: And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world.”
Jesus loves everyone in the Southlake region. We may not know everyone on our block but it doesn’t mean Jesus doesn’t. His purpose was not to condemn people but to love them. We are called to be the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus in our neighbourhood… to be light in a dark place… to be Ambassadors of God’s love in the Southlake region, Canada and even the ends of the earth.
At Newmarket Alliance, a significant portion of our yearly budget goes to compassion, justice, and evangelistic missions, both locally and globally. We are part of a movement of churches whose very DNA is about responding to the call to “Go Everywhere!”
The people of Newmarket Alliance are involved with many organizations in our local and global community. We are proud to be people that think outside of our four walls and look to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world around us
In December 2020 we appealed to the church to collectively sponsor kids in one of the poorest and hardest-hit countries from this pandemic was met with such generosity. We easily reached our financial goal!
Our partnership with Guatemala and the ministry "on the ground", Power At Work involves more than writing a cheque but having some semblance of a RELATIONSHIP
I'll let Christina explain...
below are some of the great organizations we have actively partnered with
A change to our "GO EVERYWHERE" funding process
What is Go Everywhere?
Go Everywhere Fund is established to fulfill the Christ centered, Spirit empowered, Mission focused mandate of the Church enabling the Vision and Mission of NAC. The Go Everywhere Fund is the practical and deliberate means by which the Church Body can be the hands and feet of Jesus in serving the needs of the community through the various identified initiatives.
The Go Everywhere Fund is established to serve the needs of the community, both local and global, by:
- Identifying and prioritizing needs within the community to determine where and how to serve
- Engaging and utilizing resources of the Church including financial investment, time, people and partnerships as necessary to serve those needs
- Provide a sense of shared Mission while equipping, empowering and leveraging gifting of members of the Church to serve those needs
- Proper stewardship of the Funds through alignment to NAC’s Vision and Mission, overall governance and review to ensure continued value and impact of each initiative
Why the change now?
Leadership recognized a gap in process in years past and an opportunity to practice more transparency and good governance by better aligning NAC’s giving with its Vision and Mission. Go Everywhere Funding will now have a formal process where proposals for these funds are submitted for review and approval by a committee. The aim of this process is to better connect funds to initiatives providing meaningful connections to the people of NAC and our Mission through intentional engagement..
What will this new approach achieve?
- Direct alignment to Vision and Mission
- Strengthened stewardship of funds by offering greater community impact and coordinated oversight to projects that are highly valued by NAC goers
- Strengthen engagement from the congregation through both giving and involvement in project delivery and partnerships